As modern marketers, we have the gift of being able to have one-to-one daily conversations with our customers and customers-to-be! The power of community management on social media is something that was only dreamt about in times gone by. Yet, we still see brands ignoring this critical part of the social media journey.
Our communities sit everywhere in both our online and offline worlds. They’re a combination of current, potential, and past customers, each needing attention, engagement and. their personal interests catered to along their consumer journey.
At L&A we believe that good community management has three key elements to it; customer service, community listening, and being part of the conversation. What starts as small intimate one-on-ones can lead to positive outcomes for the wider brand community.
But, what does a community management team need to be aware of on a daily basis?
Meeting daily needs
Key tasks as we see them are: keeping track of your brand, being proactive, addressing consumer complaints with integrity and, an authentic brand TOV, moderating difficult conversations, measuring and analysing your perception.
‘Engagement Reward’ is a two-way street in community management. Our team is fastidious about showing up with a constant connection, and that means bringing that humanness and brand personification to everything we do. When we address our customers and community diligently and regularly then all of our content marketing strategies find a receptive audience.
To ensure impactful and effective community management across social media why not try following these simple guidelines.
- Ensure community management is using the business tone of voice, but customised to each individual response
- Be responsive and timely across all communications – customers expect brands to be there and respond
- Be an extension of the customer service team – ensure that community management plugs into the customer service plan
- Monitor the community and listen for trends in the conversations to pass on to the greater business, this is one of the most valuable tools in a social media toolkit
- Generate conversational comment threads – a lot of times brands respond only to complaints but the magic happens when you engage in conversations; get even more creative and try a GIPHY or two
- This is an obvious one but…be polite and think of your customer experience!
Great social media strategy and amazing and effective community management are best when blended rather than served separately. We hope you find these tips helpful and our social media community management team is always here to help!